The objective of this survey is to provide an accurate picture of mining activity in Québec so that the government can adopt the most appropriate measures to support the development of this sector.
Frequently asked questions
The Institut de la statistique du Québec, also known as Statistique Québec, is a government agency whose mission is to produce, analyze and disseminate official, objective and quality statistics on various aspects of Québec society.
To participate in the survey, you simply have to:
- access the questionnaire at the following Web address:
- January 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine1me;
- February 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine2me;
- March 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine3me;
- April 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine4me;
- May 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine5me;
- June 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine6me;
- July 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine7me;
- August 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine8me;
- September 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine9me;
- October 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine10me;
- November 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine11me;
- December 2022: statistique.quebec.ca/web2/mine12me;
- enter your identifier;
- create a password; and
- complete the online questionnaire.
To familiarize yourself with the new questionnaire, we strongly suggest that you fill out the printable version of the questionnaire and read the new Participant Guide before completing the online questionnaire. These documents are available at the following links:
If necessary, you can exit the questionnaire and return to finish it at a more convenient time.
Make sure you correctly entered your identifier, without any spaces before or after.
You can contact Statistique Québec by telephone at 1-800-561-0213, ext. 3507, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Please mention the name of the survey indicated in the invitation letter or the e-mail you received, as well as your name and contact information. We will respond to your request within 24 hours during our office hours, Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The survey covers all establishments in the following industries of the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS):
- Metal ore mining (NAICS 2122)
- Non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying (NAICS 2123)
- Cement and concrete product manufacturing (NAICS 3273)
- Cement manufacturing (NAICS 32731)
- Lime and gypsum product manufacturing (NAICS 3274)
- Lime manufacturing (NAICS 32741)
This survey excludes stone mining and quarrying (NAICS 21231), unless it is related to cement and lime manufacturing.
It also excludes sand, gravel, clay, and ceramic and refractory minerals mining and quarrying (NAICS 21232).
Yes. Given the importance of the survey results, your participation is mandatory in accordance with the Québec Mining Act (chapter M-13.1, sections 221 and 222). Under this Act, any person receiving a request for information to which a reply is mandatory must provide the information requested by the prescribed deadline and in the prescribed format.
You can view the Act on Publications Québec’s website.
The Act respecting the Institut de la statistique du Québec guarantees that the information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used for statistical purposes. All Statistique Québec employees have taken an oath before a commissioner and are bound to maintain the secrecy and confidentiality of the data they collect.
Under the delegation agreement for the Programme des statistiques minières du Québec signed with the Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles (MERN), the information you provide will be shared with them. They will also be shared with Natural Resources Canada and Statistics Canada. You can take part in the survey with the knowledge that the information you provide will only be used for statistical purposes. This is guaranteed under the Québec Mining Act.
You can call Statistique Québec toll-free at 1-800-561-0213.
For more information about the survey, please contact the Direction de la gestion de la collecte by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (toll-free) at 1-800-561-0213, ext. 3507. You can reach us Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.