Type of survey
Regional estimates (2012 edition only).
The target population of the survey is composed of all enterprises with one or more employees, excluding self-employed workers, in 16 NAICS (North American Industry Classification System 2017) industry sectors:
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (NAICS 11);
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21);
- Utilities (NAICS 22);
- Construction (NAICS 23);
- Manufacturing (NAICS 31-33);
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41);
- Retail trade (NAICS 44-45);
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49);
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51);
- Finance and insurance (NAICS 52);
- Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 53);
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54);
- Management of companies and enterprises (NAICS 55);
- Administrative and support, waste management and remediation services (NAICS 56);
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71);
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72).
In 2016, that population is estimated at about 170,000 enterprises.
In 2012, the survey also included a component for establishments with five or more employees. Since some enterprises have several establishments (stores, factories) in various regions of Québec, the information gathered from these establishments provides a more comprehensive picture of Internet access at the regional level.
2018: 12,286 enterprises;
2016: 15,205 enterprises;
2012: about 14,000 enterprises.
Internet access, Internet use, Web presence, e-commerce, use of government online services, use of information and communication technologies (ICTs), electronic information sharing practices, and ICT investments.