Type of survey
Annual census survey that collects data from the previous year.
Establishments classified under non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying (NAICS 2123) in the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
- Other non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying (NAICS 21239)
- Peat extraction (NAICS 212397)
- Stone mining and quarrying (NAICS 21231)
- Sand, gravel, clay, and ceramic and refractory minerals mining and quarrying (NAICS 21232)
- Diamond mining (NAICS 212392)
- Salt mining (NAICS 212393)
- Asbestos mining (NAICS 212394)
- Gypsum mining (NAICS 212395)
- Potash mining (NAICS 212396)
- All other non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying (NAICS 212398)
Sampling and data collection
No sample. All businesses in the targeted population are surveyed.
Production, shipments, outgoing transfers, crude peat harvested, total revenue, total expenses, number of jobs, wages and salaries.
Methodological and technical information