The first results of the study are online!
Two web pages containing results based on data collected when the Growing Up in Québec babies were 5 months old are now online:
- Portrait of children in Québec: from pregnancy to the first months of life (in French only)
- Being born during a pandemic in Québec (in French only)
Read them to discover several interesting statistics about babies and their families. Thanks to all the participating families who made it possible for us to release these data of interest for Québec!
As part of the Growing Up in Québec study, the Institut de la statistique du Québec will follow more than 4,500 children born in Québec in the early 2020s through to adulthood. Chosen at random, these children and their families will come from across Québec. A study of this magnitude, carried out with so many families over such a long period of time, is of exceptional value!
- How do parents experience the arrival of a new child in their lives?
- What makes for a successful start in kindergarten?
- How does sleep influence children’s lives?
- What contributes to harmonious relationships with parents or friends?
The information collected over several years will allow us to answer all these questions and more. We warmly thank all the families in the study whose generous contribution will help improve the well-being and development of Québec children.
A first edition that speaks volumes!
In 1998, the first edition of this study helped advance knowledge and guide the implementation of public programs and policies. Even today, nearly 1,550 young adults are participating in the study by completing questionnaires, more than 23 years later!
Learn more about Growing Up in Québec